Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections on week 1

1. There is nothing preventing me from doing a good job in this class, except for maybe the fact that I never use computers because I don't understand them and they're kind of scary

2. An awesome teaching experience would be my freshman year English class. My teacher was really funny and used personal stories to get us to relate to what he was teaching. The main thing I remember from that class was how he told us that your thesis in an essay is your "roadmap". I think his way of teaching worked for most of his students because he was just super friendly and everyone loved him.

3. I'm a little concerned about how 90% of this class is online because it means I'll have to learn to use computers for more than just typing an essay, but it's a useful skill to have nowadays anyway. I didn't come into this class with any expectations other than it would be more difficult than a college prep class. I want to be challenged, and I hope that I'll learn something that will help me in the future at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment